Thursday, May 28, 2009

Much to write about

After getting no action on my trades last week, this week has been a rush of activity. On Tuesday, I opened 3 new positions:
CIT July 09 (Strike 2.5) @ 0.45
SNV June 09 (Strike 2.5) @ 0.25
ZLC June 09 (Strike 2.5) @ 0.20
I probably won't close these positions if given sufficient margin of safety as expiry approaches.

CIT is an interesting trade because essentially I am playing the opposite side of buying calls. Someone is buying up June and July 09 (Strike 5) calls on CIT, which is making the 2.5 puts more expensive.

SNV is a value play. Cheap stock, 2.25 is below the 52wk low. I feel safe.

ZNC was an earnings insurance play. I bet that the stock wouldn't fall more than 50% - it didn't. Great. I'm not too worried about this one falling through my strike either.

I've also been making a market in KEY. My positions have reached a critical point where I can make a small profit by buying the bid and selling the ask. However, it's useless to describe these trades because I'm usually out of them within 30 minutes (at least, I try to do that). I've traded KEY 5 times this week for a total profit of $0.10.

No comments: